As I’ve grown older, I have learned a lot about friends. When I was in college, I surrounded myself with tons of friends both old and new. I quickly realized that we were all still trying to find ourselves and there was a large chunk of ‘friends’ who actually weren’t friends at all. After college I started working for myself and moved to a completely new city. I found it hard to make new friends that I connected with. I met lots of people, but I found it hard to find people in the same stage of life as me. I wasn’t going out nearly as much but I definitely wasn’t settled down with kids.
It was at this time I realized that I didn’t need lots of friends, I just needed a few really good ones. You know that old saying, “it’s not about quantity, it’s about quality?” Yep, that plays true about friends. My best friends are ones that I’ve known forever. They’ve been with me thick and thin and I know they will be by my side forever.
Since we’ve been friends for a while, things never get boring when we hang out. We also keep things fun and interesting. I’ve gathered some of my favorite “bestie date ideas” and shared them below!
- Take a road trip to a near town. Preferably somewhere neither of you have been.
- Head to a thrift store and give each other a $20 limit. See who come up with the best outfit.
- Find 2 recipes on Pinterest to make with each other.
- Netflix Binge. Re-watch all episodes of your favorite show.
- Share a pinterest board with each other so you can always share your favorite pins.
- Volunteer at a local shelter once a month.
- Find a workout regimen that works for the both of you.
- Look for the best patio in town and enjoy a weekday beverage.
- Plan an extravagant dinner party.
- Start a bunco club.
- Make dinner from scratch.
- Drink wine under the stars.
- Manicure? Yes. Pedicure? ABSOLUTELY.
- Find free classes online and learn together.
- Take cooking classes at your local grocery store.
- Hold each other accountable (budgeting, diet, life goals)
- Get a blow out at the end of the week so you look fabulous all weekend long.
- Walk through a local trail and explore nature.
- Visit a local dog shelter and play with the pups.
- Get dolled up and head out for a fancy dinner.
- Take your dogs for a walk.
- Buy a season pass to a local musical.
- Shop at a local flea market
Let’s be real, no matter what you end up doing with your best friends it’s going to be awesome. Being comfortable is a top priority which is why I always keep U by Kotex Curves® Liners with me. You never know when you’ll need a liner and when you’re having the time of your life with you best friend, the last thing you want to worry about is being un-comfy.
Right now U by Kotex is giving away a trip to Los Angeles. Guess what? If you win, you get to take your bestie!! HOw amazing would that be? All you have to do is make an uncomfy pic or gif and share it with the world for a chance to be the next U by Kotex® social superstar.
What ‘dates’ would you go on with your best friend? Let me know so I can add it to the list!