I love me some mexican food. I think my favorite parts about mexican food is really just eating chips and salsa or chips and dip. Nothing beats a great bowl of salsa. I am always on the hunt for great dips and homemade salsas to make and I recently ran across this one from eMeals that I knew I had to try.
Does that not look absolutely delicious? Here’s the recipe (provided by eMeals).
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup store-bought guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded colby-Jack cheese (or use Cheddar)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 (5½-oz) bag gluten-free tortilla chips or wholegrain chips
- Combine black beans, lime juice, ground cumin, and 2 to 3 teaspoons water in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Layer ¼ cup black bean mixture, 2 tablespoons guacamole, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese in 4 (1- or 2-cup) plastic containers.
- Top each with ¼ cup tomato and green onions, if desired.
- Serve with chips.
I highly recommend checking out eMeals and how they can make your life more simple. If you need any other reasons to join, they are offering 20% off by using the code SCHOOL.