Y’all it’s summertime in Texas which means we are HOT. It’s over 95 degrees and I can’t breathe the second I walk outside. The last thing I want to do is wear jeans or any type of pants during Summer – unless I want to be miserable. I have a closet full of stylish summer dresses that are easy to throw on when I’m in a hurry and dresses that will keep me cool during the hot Summer Day.
I’ve gathered 20 Stylish Summer Dresses that are under $40 from some of our favorite retailers including Target, Old Navy and Kohls. Let’s start with the Midi Dresses. These types of dresses are great for a drink on the patio or a night out with friends. Dress them up with a pair of wedges and cute necklace and you’re ready to go!
- Sonoma Life and Style Scoopneck Dress (Kohl’s) — $21.99
- Sonoma Life and Style Crochet Slubbed Dress (Kohl’s) — $21.99
- LC Conrad Lace Trim Challis Dress (Kohl’s) — $38.40
- Strapless Jersey Dress (Old Navy) — $24.00
- Crinkle Chiffon Sundress (Old Navy) — $15.00
- Jersey Shift Dress (Old Navy) — $22.00
- Pattern Poplin Sundress (Old Navy) — $25.00
- Mossimo Short Sleeve Skater Dress (Target) — $19.99
- Studio One Short Sleeve Sheath Dress (Target) — $39.99
- Studio One Jewel Neck Sheath Dress (Target) — $39.99
I wear Maxi Dresses more than any other dress because I feel like they are always appropriate. Whether I’m going to a meeting or meeting a friend for a drink, maxi dresses always do the job!
- LC Conrad High Low Maxi Dress (Kohl’s) — $36.00
- LC Conrad Ruffle Dip Dyed Maxi Dress (Kohl’s) — $34.99
- Apt 9 Empire Maxi Dress (Kohl’s) — $24.99
- Jersey Tank Maxi Dress (Old Navy) — $27.00
- Jersey Tank Patterned Maxi Dress (Old Navy) — $34.00
- Patterned Chiffon Maxi Dress (Old Navy) — $30.00
- Mossimo Kimono Maxi Dress (Target) — $24.99
- Lily Star Crochet Trim Maxi Dress (Target) — $29.99
- Lily Star Maxi Dress (Target) — $29.99
- Mossimo Maxi Dress (Target) — $24.99
The beauty of the dresses are how easy they are to get ready for any type of event and with the hot Texas Summers, I’m always looking for clothes that keep me cool while still looking nice. Which one of these dresses is your favorite?