This has been the year of homemade products! We’re trying to cut a lot of chemicals and unnecessary toxins out of our life and I had NO idea how much we were exposed to on a daily basis. To be honest, I never really paid attention to the ingredients list on anything I use whether it be my food or an everyday lotion. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked and terrified when I saw the crazy amount of ingredients that go into EVERYTHING I use. I couldn’t even pronounce half the words and when I googled them, it made my head spin.
I’ve always been obsessed with cooking and crafts so I figured I might as well share them with the world. Here’s a super easy Coconut Body Whip made with Coconut Oil and Essential Oils.
A silky, light-weight moisturizer perfect for everyday use for a delightful mind-body experience. Shea Butter is available at most natural foods stores. We like Everyday Shea by Alaffia.
- 3/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 35 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 30 drops Pine Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful not to melt the oil and butter – heat just enough to blend easily. Once incorporated, transfer the oil and butter mixture to a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer on low speed to blend the coconut oil and shea butter until well mixed, 1-2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to medium for several minutes, then high for several more minutes until the mixture has a lovely, whipped consistency. Remember to keep scraping the ingredients down the sides of the bowl, so they get fully incorporated.
- Add the essential oils and blend to incorporate. The whole mixing process should take 8 to 10 minutes.
Yields 8oz. Transfer to a container like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping. Unlike coconut oil that has not been whipped, this product is easy to scoop even at cooler temperatures.
Interested in learning more about Essential Oils or buying them at a wholesale price? Learn more here.