When I first ordered my Young Living Starter Kit, I received my package full of oils and wasn’t sure what to do with all of them. The first thing I did was diffused lavender oil. It quickly became my favorite oil to use because there are just so many uses for it! I use it every single day so I wanted to share what I use it for.
- Mix equal parts with Peppermint and Lemon essential oils for allergies
- Rub a drop of frankincense and lavender morning and nights on acne scarring /discoloration
- Add a drop of lavender into your mascara tube to promote lash growth, extend mascara life
- For a refreshing drink, add a drop of lavender to your favorite lemonade
- Smooth minor burns by applying 2-3 drops to the affected area
- Apply 2 to 3 drops of lavender and the sting of the burn goes away. Continue applying throughout the day, and the healing occurs more quickly
- Rub lavender oil on dry or chapped lips to moisturize the area
- Massage lavender essential oil with a little coconut oil over your monthly cramps and apply a warm compress
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and put in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects
- Place a few drops on a wet cloth to freshen your laundry
- To help combat diaper rash, scoop out some coconut oil and add a drop of lavender
- Rub a few drops on your hand and spread on your child’s pillow case to help promote healthy sleep
- Diffuse lavender to calm your mind, body and spirit
- Stop running noses by rubbing a few drops of oil under your nose
- Apply lavender to our feet, and diffuse it to encourage rest at night
- Help nauseousness and motion sickness, by putting lavender around your belly button and behind your ears
- Have a headache? Rub lavender to your temples to alleviate the pain
- Add several drops of lavender essential oil to the spray bottle with vinegar and water to clean
- Add a few drops to a handful of Epsom salts before a bath for a relaxing soak in the tub
I’ll be adding to the list as time goes on since I know I’ll find even more awesome ways to use lavender oil everyday in my life. What’s your favorite oil and how do you use it?
Interested in getting started with oils? Learn more about the Young Living Starter Kit and how to get started here.